This module introduces blockchain, a technology which tracks the exchange of assets in a business network through the permanent storage of transaction records in a shared, distributed digital ledger. Blockchain technology increases trust, security, transparency and the traceability of data shared across a business network. Blockchain has the potential to revolutionise the way we conduct business and therefore understanding the basic concepts of blockchain will help you make smarter investments and capitalise on the potential of blockchain technology.
This module is suitable for a wide range of candidates; for example, non-technical professionals who wish to build and demonstrate an understanding of blockchain technology, facilitating engagement with their technical colleagues or their suppliers, or students who wish to add general technical knowledge to sector-specific or general studies.
Build an understanding of the key concepts, and potential of blockchain
|What is blockchain?|| |
|How does blockchain work?|| |
|Common Blockchain examples|| |
|Blockchain adoption|| |
Main learning outcomes
The Blockchain module consists of elearning followed by a brief certification test. Together, these components deliver a short, focused professional development solution. On completion, candidates will be able to:
- Understand the term blockchain, its origins and development.
- Identify the key principles of blockchain and the phases of a blockchain transaction.
- Recognise common blockchain examples including cryptocurrency, smart contracts and non-fungible tokens.
- Recognise the advantages and disadvantages of using blockchain.
- Consider the uses and benefits of blockchain for specific sectors
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL Insights modules combine cutting-edge e-learning with a brief certification test to demonstrate your mastery of the relevant concepts and good practice.
- ICDL Insights modules can be coupled with more comprehensive, skills-focused modules to build a profile of skills, knowledge, and competences that are relevant to your career.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor- independent so that skills, knowledge, and competence are transferable.