The Artificial Intelligence module introduces the potential of artificial intelligence (AI) – the intelligence demonstrated by a machine when it perceives its environment and takes actions that maximise the likelihood of achieving specific goals.
By deploying the right AI technology, businesses and organisations can save time and money and can innovate by automating routine processes and tasks, increasing productivity and operational efficiencies and making faster business decisions based on outputs from cognitive technologies.
This module is suitable for a wide range of candidates; for example, non-technical professionals who wish to build and demonstrate an understanding of Artificial Intelligence, facilitating engagement with their technical colleagues or their suppliers, or students who wish to add general technical knowledge to sector-specific or general studies.
Build an understanding of the key concepts and potential of Artificial Intelligence
|What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?||
|How does AI work?||
|Common AI examples||
|AI adoption: challenges and potential||
Main learning outcomes
The Artificial Intelligence module consists of elearning followed by a brief certification test. Together, these components deliver a short, focused professional development solution. On completion, candidates will be able to:
- define Artificial Intelligence and recognise the stages and development milestones
- understand how AI works, including the key principles underpinning AI
- define the terms machine learning, neural network and deep learning and the characteristics of each
- identify the need for AI and recognise examples of how AI supports data mining, natural language processing and decision making
- recognise the limits, ethical guidelines, social and economic impact, as well as the potential and implications of AI
Why certify with ICDL?
- ICDL certification is internationally recognised by employers and institutions.
- ICDL Insights modules combine cutting- edge e-learning with a brief certification test to demonstrate your mastery of the relevant concepts and good practice.
- ICDL Insights modules can be coupled with more comprehensive, skills-focused modules to build a profile of skills, knowledge, and competences that are relevant to your career.
- ICDL syllabus content is vendor- independent so that skills, knowledge, and competence are transferable.
Use ICDL Insights in your organisation
If you are interested in using ICDL Insights in your organisation, please contact us using the contact form on this page.
Upon submitting this contact form, ICDL Europe will use your personal data to:
- Respond to your questions or comments
We will only use your data for the purpose of sending emails to you if you consent when completing this form. Your personal data will be processed by staff of ICDL Europe. We may share your personal data with National Operators of the ECDL and ICDL programmes. We will hold your data for 1 year from the date of the last email that we send to you.
You can always withdraw your consent for ICDL Europe to use your personal data. To do this, simply use the unsubscribe button on any email that ICDL Europe has sent you or submit a request through this form.